Science-backed research can attest that the ketogenic diet, keto for short, is incredibly effective. It’s one of many people’s go-to diets for weight loss and disease prevention.
If you want in on this diet, you should check out these keto recipes.
Grilled Chicken Tahini
A protein-loaded diet can fuel you if you’re up for a jam-packed day. The benefits of this particular recipe include helping you build muscle, repairing your tissues, and giving you loads of energy.
- Chicken pieces (3 to 4 lbs.)
- Cloves of garlic (5 to 6 pcs.)
- Ground cumin (1/2 tsp.)
- Paprika (2 tsp.)
- Tahini (1/4 cup)
- Lemon juice (1/4 cup)
- Olive oil (2 tbsp.)
- Season the chicken pieces with salt. And then refrigerate.
- Prepare the marinade in a bowl. First, place garlic (pounded to a paste) and add cumin and a pinch of salt. Then, transfer to another bowl. And then add tahini, lemon juice, paprika, and olive oil. You may add salt to taste.
- Take out the refrigerated chicken and slather the marinade.
- Pre-heat the oven and use medium-high heat. Place the chicken and leave for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a big plate and serve hot.
Lentil + Cauliflower Salad
If you use cauliflower as the base ingredient for your salad, you have yourself a low-carb meal. And by adding lentils and some cheese, this meal should be a delectable appetizer.
Ingredients (for your dressing):
- Olive oil (about 90 ml)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- Paprika (1/2 tbsp.)
- Cumin (2 tbsp.)
- Coriander (2 tbsp.)
- Coconut powder (1tbsp.)
- Chili powder (1 tsp.)
- Fresh lemon juice (1 tbsp.)
- Lemon rind (2 tsp.)
- Salt (1 tsp.)
- Chopped parsley (1 tbsp.)
- Water (2 tbsp.)
Ingredients (for your salad):
- Cauliflower (1/3 head)
- Brown lentils (1 can)
- Thinly sliced capsicum pepper (1/2)
- Crumbled feta cheese (60g)
- Chopped baby spinach (handful)
- Chopped parsley (2 tbsp.)
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all of its ingredients in a bowl.
- Place all the ingredients for your salad in a good food processorfor them to be neatly chopped.
- Then, transfer to a salad bowl and drizzle over your dressing.
Salmon for Garlic Lovers
The health benefits of Salmon can help make you the healthiest person out there – if you eat it regularly, of course. It’s rich in Omega-3 and it loads you up with good cholesterol.
So if you’re also a garlic lover, then this recipe is the ideal one for you!
- Boneless salmon (2-pound side)
- Butter (4 tbsp.)
- Chopped garlic cloves (8 pcs.)
- Dry white wine (1/4 cup)
- Lemon juice (2 tbsp.)
- Chopped Italian parsley (1/4 cup)
- Thinly sliced onions (1/4 cup)
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 375F and line in aluminum foil in a baking dish.
- Prepare the sauce in a small pan. Start by heating butter and stirring garlic cloves for about 2 minutes. Then, add white wine and lemon juice.
- Place the salmon on the baking dish. Then, pour the sauce and add parsley, onions, and salt and pepper. And finally, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and transfer to the grill. Grill for about 15 minutes.
- Then transfer to a platter and serve.
Wrapping It Up
These are just three keto recipes that will help you out. If you want more, consider checking out https://www.shortcutketo.com for a list of the best keto cookbooks.
Starting a keto diet can be rather difficult at first. But once you get used to it, you’ll realize that eating the recommended meals — and eating healthy foods, in general — is easy!